Located in Michigan since 1945, Weld Mold Company is the premier manufacturer of high-alloy welding electrodes, cored wires and solid wires for various applications, including maintenance and repair, tool and die, stainless steels, forging, hardfacing, and high temperature requirements. We have developed over 3,000 products and sizes since our founding. Our R & D metallurgical department is capable of rapidly developing special electrode and flux-cored alloys to suit customer requirements, along with the ability to meet AWS or other specifications.
With over $2 million in finished inventory and raw materials, we are able to deliver the majority of our products from our manufacturing facility to our customers within 72 hours. Weld Mold’s cored wire manufacturing operation enables us to offer a complete line of FCO, MCO, FCG, MCG and MCT hardfacing and specialty wires to compliment all our lines of products. Covered electrode sizes range from 1/16” to 3/4″ diameters with a manufacturing capacity of 1,200 tons per year. Our flux-cored product sizes range from .045″ to 5/32″ diameters with a manufacturing capacity of 2,000 tons per year.
Founder Matt Kiilunen
1905 – 1990
All of the products we manufacture are offered as either branded or for the private label market.
As an ISO 9001 certified company, Weld Mold has complete traceability of all components and processing required in the manufacturing of our products. We have the ability to identify problems before they go into production so that bad products do not reach our customers. Weld Mold is continually implementing technological advances in order to offer even better customer service and keep pace with the ever changing, hi-tech business world.
Though Weld Mold Company got its start in North America, we’ve expanded worldwide. Our international operations allow us to serve customers on all continents.
- Delightful customer service
- Lightning-speed turnaround
- Commitment to employee growth
- Fiscal responsibility
- Community service
- Unprecedented technical support
- Dedicated leadership
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Partnership with quality customers
- Partnerships with quality vendors
- Problem-solving skills
- AWS – American Welding Society
- FIA – Forging Industry Association
- SAE – Society of Automotive Engineers
- CFIA – Chinese Forging Industry Association
- AIFI – Association of Indian Forging Industry
- IWDC – Independent Welding Distributors Cooperatives
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce