Weld Mold® 621
A non-ferrous cobalt base wear-facing alloy designed to be used for moderate impact applications that are subject to abrasion, high temperature and/or corrosive conditions. Overlays take on a high polish while in service and have a low coefficient of friction.
Excellent for thrust washers, press hammer ways, rail mill and rolling guides, skulling hooks, cams, brake drums, and many engine parts.
Remove all foreign material, fatigued metal, and any sharp radii. On mild steels a pre-heat of 350°F is recommended. On higher alloy steels you must pre-heat according to base metal composition, the type of weld, and the amount of deposit. Low alloy steels may be put into service in the as-welded condition. Heat treatable steels should be tempered at 1000º F for 4 to 6 hours then cooled in still air.
SMAW - DC+
FCAW - DC+, 75% Ar 25% CO2 or 100% CO2
GTAW - DC- 100% Ar
- Available Processes: SMAW, FCAW and GTAW
- Tensile Strength: Up to 76,000 psi
- Hardness: Rockwell C 44-53
- Compressive Strength: 193,000 psi
- Machinability: Use Tungsten Carbide Tools or Grind
- Heat Treatment: Non-Heat Treatable
- Class: CoCr-B