Weld Mold® 9225
Weld Mold 9225 is an economical high performance austenitic product that produces sound, crack-resistant, dense deposits that work harden rapidly. It is an excellent build-up or repair material for manganese base materials. Weld Mold 9225 is a versatile joining, surfacing and buildup material depositing nickel manganese steel. All weld metal deposits retain good hardness at elevated temperatures and have moderate corrosion resistance.
Typically used on crusher jaws and rolls, manganese casting repair, shovel teeth and buckets, hammer mill hammers, railroad frogs, breaker bars, shot blast cabinets, impact hammers and crusher rolls.
- Requires no external shielding to produce sound weld deposits.
- Operates over a wide amperage range using DC + (reverse polarity/electrode+).
- Can be used with variable speed wire feeders and any conventional power source.
- No special welding techniques are required.
- Available Processes: SMAW, FCAW (G&O)
- Hardness: Rockwell C 33-36, as Welded
Rockwell C 45-48, Work Hardened
- Machinability: Use Tungsten Carbide Tools or Grind
- Heat Treatment: Non-Heat Treatable
- Class: CoCr-E