Weld Mold® 9239
Weld Mold 9239 is a premium work hardening, austenitic manganese deposit exhibiting an exceptional combination of joining, build-up and surfacing properties. It is an excellent build-up or general repair material for manganese, carbon steel, and low alloy base materials. It can be used for joining manganese to manganese, mild steel, alloy steel or stainless steel.
Typically used on steel mill wobblers, rail frogs and crossovers, shovel buckets, hammer mill hammers, shovel teeth, crusher rolls, impeller bars, and shovel pads.
- Requires no external shielding to produce sound weld deposits.
- Operates over a wide amperage range using DC + (reverse polarity/electrode+).
- Can be used with variable speed wire feeders and any conventional power source.
- No special welding techniques are required.
- All weld metal deposits retain hardness at elevated temperatures with moderate corrosion resistance.
- Available Processes: SMAW, FCAW (G&O)
- Hardness as deposited: 22-27 Rockwell C
- Work Hardened: 50-55 Rockwell C
- Tensile strength: 124,000 psi
- Yield strength: 3,700 psi
- Elongation: 37%
- Machinability: Difficult
- Nonmagnetic: Cannot be flame cut