Weld Mold® 9340
Weld Mold 9340 is a high tensile strength martensitic low alloy, high deposition rate product that produces sound, porosity-free, crack-free weld deposits in the “tough” machinable range of hardness. It is an excellent build-up and hardfacing material for all wrought or cast steels and provides medium impact and medium abrasion resistance at elevated temperatures up to1000° F.
Typically used on fabrications, assemblies, inserts, punches, hot work applications, high strength repairs, sliding abrasion, die repair, and underlay/buildup.
- Gas shielded wire (CO2 or 75% Argon/25% CO2) produces sound, crack-free deposits.
- High amperage tolerance permits use of variable speed wire feeders and any conventional power source.
- Operates over a wide amperage range using DC + (reverse polarity) (electrode+).
- Available Processes: SMAW, FCAW (G)
- Tensile strength: Up to 200,000 psi
- Elongation: Up to 23%
- Machinability: Tough
- Strong Magnetic: Can be flame cut