Weld Mold® 9380
Weld Mold 9380 is a modified 420 martensitic stainless steel alloy available as an electrode or in a flux-cored tubular wire. A universal alloy for cladding and hardfacing many types of steel mill rolls and components. Universal alloy used for welding 420 type stainless steels, cladding low alloy steels for corrosion, and wear and oxidation resistance. Also used in plastic and die cast dies.
Typically use on steel mill rolls, joining 420 SS, cladding, steel mill components, corrosion applications, oxidation applications, plastic dies, die cast dies, and crane wheel repair.
- Gas shielded wire (CO2 or 75% Argon/25% CO2) produces sound, crack-free deposits.
- No special welding techniques are required.
- Can be used with variable speed wire feeders and any conventional power source.
- High amperage tolerance permits use of variable speed wire feeders and any conventional power source.
- Operates over a wide amperage range using DC + (reverse polarity) (electrode+).
- All weld metal deposits retain good hardness at elevated temperatures and have excellent corrosion resistance.
- Available Processes: SMAW, FCAW (G)
- Tensile strength: Up to 186,000 psi
- Elongation: Up to 12%
- Machinability: Tough
- Strong Magnetic: Can be flame cut (EDM Recommended)