Weld Mold® 9454
Weld Mold 9454 is a general purpose chromium carbide overlay wire with exceptional versatility which resists moderately high impact and high abrasion. It contains molybdenum and provides good resistance to moderate-to-heavy impact. It is recommended for a wide variety of applications because of its combination of abrasion resistance and toughness.
Typically used on crusher roll shells, cement die rings, shovel teeth, augers, cultivator sweeps, jaw or cone crushers, pug mill paddles, hammer mill hammers, grader blades and plow shares.
- Requires no external shielding to produce sound weld deposits.
- No special welding techniques are required.
- Can be used with variable speed wire feeders and any conventional power source.
- Operates over a wide amperage range using DC + (reverse polarity) (electrode+).
- All weld metal deposits retain good hardness at elevated temperatures and have moderate corrosion resistance.
- Available Processes: SMAW, FCAW (G)
- Deposit Thickness: Maximum 1/4″ or 2-3 Layers
- Can not be flame cut