Weld Mold® 9458
Weld Mold 9458 is an all position general purpose chromium carbide overlay wire with exceptional versatility. 9458 resists low to medium impact and high abrasion and is recommended for a wide variety of applications because of its combination of abrasion resistance and toughness.
Typically used on drenge parts, earth moving equipment, crusher roll shells, cement die rings, conveyor bucket tips, augers, shovel teeth, coal conveyors, and Muller tires.
- Requires no external shielding to produce sound weld deposits.
- No special welding techniques are required.
- Can be used with variable speed wire feeders and any conventional power source.
- Operates over a wide amperage range using DC + (reverse polarity) (electrode+).
- All weld metal deposits retain good hardness at elevated temperatures and have moderate corrosion resistance.
- Available Processes: SMAW, FCAW (G)
- Deposit Thickness: Maximum 1/4″ or 2-3 Layers
- Can not be flame cut