Weld Mold® 9459
Weld Mold 9459 is a high chromium carbide iron based alloy that provides excellent resistance to lower impact and high abrasion. It is recommended for applications subject to lower impact and severe abrasion at elevated temperatures.
Typically used on catalytic pipes and valves, pusher shoes, augers, screw conveyors, crusher roll shells, bucket teeth lips, pulverizer hammers, slag handling equipment and hammer mill equipment.
- Requires no external shielding to produce sound weld deposits.
- No special welding techniques are required.
- Can be used with variable speed wire feeders and any conventional power source.
- Operates over a wide amperage range using DC + (reverse polarity) (electrode+).
- All weld metal deposits retain good hardness at elevated temperatures and have moderate corrosion resistance.
- Available Processes: SMAW, FCAW (G)
- Deposit Thickness: Maximum 1/4″ or 2-3 Layers
- Can not be flame cut
Good Hot Hardness
- 54 Rc at 1000°F
- 49 Rc at 1200°F
- 42 Rc at 1400°F