Weld Mold® 9461
Weld Mold 9461 is a high chromium carbide iron based alloy that provides excellent resistance to low impact and high abrasion. It is recommended in severe applications where elevated temperatures and wear prevail. 9461 is slightly harder than 9459.
Typically used on catalytic pipes and valves, pusher shoes, dredge pump impellers, dredge cutters, augers, screw conveyors, crusher roll shells, and bucket teeth lips.
- Requires no external shielding to produce sound weld deposits.
- Operates over a wide amperage range using DC + (reverse polarity) (electrode+).
- Can be used with variable speed wire feeders and any conventional power source.
- No special welding techniques are required.
- All weld metal deposits retain good hardness at elevated temperatures and have moderate corrosion resistance.
- Available Processes: SMAW
- Deposit Thickness: Maximum 1/4″ or 2-3 Layers
- Can not be flame cut
Good Hot Hardness
- 55 Rc at 1000°F
- 51 Rc at 1200°F
- 45 Rc at 1400°F