Weld Mold® 9462
Weld Mold 9462 is a very high chromium carbide iron based alloy with a high percentage of large hexagonal chrome carbides and provides superior resistance to high abrasion and low impact at very high temperatures. 9462 is an excellent choice for sliding particle abrasion as found in tar/sand applications.
Typically used on slag handling equipment, pusher shoes, hammer mill equipment, catalytic lift pipes, sintering plant parts, hot pug mill parts, roll crushers, and petroleum/sand abrasion.
- Requires no external shielding to produce sound weld deposits.
- Operates over a wide amperage range using DC + (reverse polarity) (electrode+).
- Arc is characterized by a soft, ball-type transfer with very little spatter.
- Slag volume is low and does not require removal between passes.
- Two layer deposits retain good hardness at elevated temperatures and have moderate corrosion resistance.
- Available Processes: FCAW (o) SAW
- Deposit Thickness: Maximum 1/4″ or 2-3 Layers
- Can not be flame cut
Good Hot Hardness
- 55 Rc at 1000°F
- 52 Rc at 1200°F
- 50 Rc at 1400°F