Weld Mold® 9765
Weld Mold 9765 is a complex chrome carbide alloy designed to resist severe abrasion, lower impact, and hot wear resistance to 1100° F. The excellent welder appeal, ease of operation and low slag result in increased productivity.
Typically used on wear plates, slurry chutes, wheel excavator bucket teeth, bucket teeth, coal screens, crusher roll paddles, bucket lips, muller tires, and expeller screws.
- Open arc welding produces excellent welding characteristics and promotes relief checking.
- Operates over a wide amperage range using DC+ (reverse polarity) (electrode+)
- Mid-range settings are recommended for best results.
- Spatter level is low and slag cover is minimal and easily removed.
- Deposit thickness should not exceed 3/8” in 2 or 3 layers.
- To minimize effects of base metal dilution, use two or more layers.
- Obtains Full Hardness at 2 Layers
- Available Processes: SMAW (o) SAW
- Deposit Thickness: Maximum 3/8″ or 2-3 Layers
- Machinability: By Grinding Only
- Relief Checks Readily: Cannot Be Flame Cut
Good Hot Hardness
- 55 Rc at 1000°F
- 52 Rc at 1200°F
- 50 Rc at 1400°F