Weld Mold® 9768
Weld Mold 9768 is a complex chrome carbide alloy producing a tough deposit that contains a high percentage of extremely hard, finely dispersed multi-carbides for abrasion resistance. It is designed for use in severe applications for surfacing carbon steel, low alloy steel, and manganese-based materials. Superior high temperature abrasion resistance up to 1400° F.
Typically used on wear plates, bucket teeth, shovel bucket teeth, augers, coal screens, bauxite excavators, cladding, and sand/petroleum slurries.
- Open arc welding produces excellent welding characteristics and promotes relief checking.
- High amperage tolerance permits use of variable speed wire feeders. For optimum performance, use maximum voltage and current.
- To minimize effects of base metal dilution, use two or more layers. Maximum number of layers depends on application.
- Strongly Magnetic: Not Easily Flame Cut
- Available Processes: SMAW (o) SAW
- Not Easily Relief Checked
- Machinability: Cannot Be Machined
- Heat Treatable
Good Hot Hardness
- 55 Rc at 1000°F
- 52 Rc at 1200°F
- 50 Rc at 1400°F